Made by allisonest.
Scientific evidence has shown that a low-carb diet can be a good option to consider for people who want to lose weight, optimize health, and lower the risk of disease. If you’re trying to adhere to a low-carb diet plan, a cauliflower-crust pizza is the perfect dish to satisfy your pizza craving. Feel free to comment below.
1 cup of cauliflower
1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 minced garlic glove
A pinch of salt & pepper
A pinch of dried oregano
A pinch of dried basil
Pizza sauce and toppings of your choice
1. Blend the cauliflower in a food processor to a ‘snow’ consistency.
2. Microwave the ‘snowed’ cauliflower in a microwave-safe dish for 4 minutes, then set aside to cool.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium-sized bowl, combine the shredded mozzarella cheese, egg, salt & pepper, dried basil & oregano, and garlic. Stir gently to create a mixture.
4. Once cooled, squeeze by hand or strain any excess water out of the cooked ‘snowed’ cauliflower and combine with the cheese mixture.
5. On a greased pizza pan, spread this mixture evenly to emulate pizza dough.
6. Bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
7. Once your crust is cooked and golden brown, remove from the oven and add the sauce and toppings of your choice. No more baking time is required past this point, so all toppings must be pre-cooked.
8: Broil your pizza until the toppings are heated through and the cheese is melted… then all that’s left to do is enjoy!
1 slice. Depending on your topping, nutritional values could vary.